Step 1: Lie down on your back; adjust your lower back by pushing your hips and tailbone towards your heels so that lower back is firmly resting on the floor without any gap or arch.
Step 2: Place your hands at the back of your head.
- Back Pain: Twisting movement helps stretch the whole spine thereby dealing with back pain or any kind of back problem including SCIATICA, SLIP DISC etc.
- For Runners, cyclists, hikers, and in soccer, basketball, and tennis players
- Hip Opener: Works on stretching your hamstrings and gluteal muscles. You can feel the stretch from gluteal muscles to the iliotibial band, which is running down the side of the hip.
- Thyroid / Neck Stretch: Turning your neck to one side in this posture helps strengthen neck muscles and at the same time removes stiffness from the neck. It also helps massage your thyroid and parathyroid gland.
- Frozen /Tight Shoulders:The posture helps release tension from your shoulder and is helpful in case of frozen and stiff shoulders. With regular practice of this posture, you will feel the stiffness gradually release.
- Diabetes / Abdominal Region: The twist to abdominal region brings oxygen rich blood to that area. Also stimulates pancreas and liver. Improves sluggish liver & spleen, all these, together, improves metabolism.
- Avoid performing this posture in case of acute abdominal pain or any kind of spinal problem.