About Shammi’s Yogalaya
Shammisyogalaya.com is a website that presents a comprehensive way of bringing yoga and it’s benefits to all across the world. The site is organised to make it easier for people to access yoga postures / yoga poses, yoga benefits specific to health problems like Diabetes, Back Pain, Asthma, High Blood Pressure and Obesity etc. The objective is to live life healthy. For each of the health problems, we have listed the yoga asanas clearly stating the steps to be followed. The description also includes clear pictures of Shammi demonstrating steps to do the posture or asana. There is also a brief description of the benefits of doing asana alongside things that you have to be careful about.
The website includes number of Shammi’s YouTube Yoga Videos that would help people to practice yoga postures correctly.
A factor that affects our health is the food we eat. A balanced diet is important for a balanced body and mind. The website addresses the nutritional aspect for the health problems listed on the main page. This is to help people understand the impact of what we eat and how we eat. What to eat and what not to eat.
About Shammi Gupta
Shammi Gupta of Shammi’s Yogalaya, holds Master of Arts in Yoga Shastra, is a certified Yoga Therapist and Naturopath from Yoga VidyaNiketan. Has completed an advanced yoga course and holds a diploma in Yoga Education from Mumbai University. She also holds an MBA degree in Finance and Human Resources for The University of Akron, Ohio, USA.
She conducts health awareness workshops for corporates, and yogasana workshops for runners. She teaches a combination of Classic Hatha Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, AshtangaVinyasa Yoga, etc. She believe in imparting holistic yoga knowledge and I passionate about conducting research in areas of sports and yoga. Among the celebrities Shammi trains are eminent personalities from the film and television industry and also from the corporate world in India.
- Certified Trainer Program from American College of Sports Medicine
- Master of Arts (MA), Yoga Shastra (2011-2013) from Mumbai University
- Certified Yogic Therapist and Naturopath (2010-2011) from Yoga Vidya Niketan
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) equivalent in Yoga (2010-2011) from Mumbai University
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Finance, (2003-2005) from The University of Akron, Ohio, USA
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Human Resources Development (2001-2003), from The University of Akron, Ohio, USA
- Released a 45 episode “Purani Jeans Se Pyar” a weight loss series of videos on YouTube
- Conduct Yoga Workshops for corporate & different groups
- Conducted Workshop on ‘Holistic Solution to PCOS’ on the occasion of International Woman’s Day, 2014
- Conducted Yoga Awareness Session for doctors and employees in Jaslok Hospital on the occasion of International Woman’s Day, 2014
- Conducted Office Yoga Awareness Session at Reliance 92.5 Big FM, 2014
- Conducted Goa Retreat Workshop with RujutaDiwekar, 2013
- Conducted Yoga Workshop in Inshape, Kota, Rajasthan, 2013 for Trainers in Inhsape, Kota, Rajasthan with special emphasis on ‘Stretching & Injury Prevention’ for the athletes & body builders. 2013
- Conducted Wellness Workshop with ABP Cook Studio, Mumbai, 2013
- Conducted Yogasana Workshop for “Runners Club” Indore, 2013
- Conducted “Yoga Workshop for Women’s Day” for Deloitte Consulting, Mumbai2013
- Consulting as a Yogic Therapist for some of the clients with Bronchitis problem, Bypass Surgery
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Back Pain, Slip Disc, Sciatica, Pregnancy etc. 2013
- Conducted Group Yoga Sessions for the club “Play” in Bandra, March 2009- 2013
- Felicitated by ‘My Powai & ‘R City Mall’ as a “Super Achievers” in Powai, Mumbai on the occasion of International Woman’s Day. 2013
- Stood second in State Level Yoga Championship, 2012-2013
- Secured Golden Trophy (group effort) for Maharashtra at International Himalayan Competition in Bangalore, 2011-2013
- Did a Twenty Six Episode Yoga Program for Doordarsan, 2008-2013
- Home Yoga Channel, You Tube – videos on different themes for people to practice at home2013
- Regular column in “My Powai” magazine in Mumbai
- Featured in New Woman Magazine, Jan 2013, on Back and Neck Management
- Featured in New Woman Magazine, Nov 2013, on Pelvic Health
- Yoga for Asthma and Arthritis, Bachelor of Arts Dissertation, June 1, 2009
- Yoga – Beyond Infertility (emphasis on PCOD), Master of Arts Dissertation, June 1, 2012